[theme-reviewers] Theme Trac 5076

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Sep 1 15:57:20 UTC 2011

In the future, please post comments specific to a given ticket/review *in
the ticket* first. That is the appropriate place to hash out questions or
potential issues regarding a specific ticket/review. I am copying this
response to the ticket.

Here is the ticket in question:
https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5076

Here is the previous review, to which I was referring:
http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5050

Please note Emil's review comment:

Hi,

Your credit link in footer area is not by the  Credit
Links<http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Credit_Links>
 guidelines:

Both link and anchor text are considered SPAM/SEO Seeded.

Kindly adjust your link and resubmit your Theme.

Thanks

Emil linked you to the Theme Review guidelines regarding credit links. Just
to make it clear:

Credit Links

   - Themes may *optionally* designate Author URI and Theme URI in
   style.css.
      - Theme URI, if used, is *required* to link to a page specifically
      related to the Theme. If a demonstration site or page is being used, the
      content must be related to the theme itself.
      - Author URI, if used, is *required* to link to an author's personal
      web site or project/development website.

Specifically, your credit links (AuthorURI and ThemeURI) are not
appropriate:

*AuthorURI* is a "personal accountancy" site
*ThemeURI* is a news/blog post about the Theme on the same site, that has
only a brief, two-paragraph description of the Theme. This is a subjective
determination, but given the nature of AuthorURI, you have a
higher-than-normal standard of appropriateness to meet with ThemeURI.

Regards,

Chip