[theme-reviewers] Bundling Plugins

Emil Uzelac emil at themeid.com
Mon May 2 05:16:27 UTC 2011

If the plugin is properly implemented there should be no problems. For
example Coraline Theme implemented Theme options based on a plugin, so it's
OK. Yoast Breadcrumbs are still current
http://yoast.com/wordpress/breadcrumbs/ and I am not sure about
http://themes.svn.wordpress.org/billions/1.1.2/core/plugins/seo-features.php.
Now there is one thing to pay attention to and that is if they can be
disabled (turned off) from i.e. Theme Options, just in case that user wants
to use something else. I am sure that breadcrumb will not cause issues,
however meta plugin could if the user installs any other SEO plugin. If one
is "hardcoded" and other one installed as "real" plugin from plugins they
could affect each other and or create double meta tags,

Cheers,
Emil

*----*
*Emil Uzelac* | ThemeID | T: 224-444-0006 | Twitter: @EmilUzelac | E:
emil at themeid.com | http://themeid.com
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein