[theme-reviewers] Question about ob_start and ob_get_clean (Vicky Arulsingam)

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Jul 3 22:17:48 UTC 2011

Nacin is not a member of the WPTRT. He is a core contributor, if not
currently the *lead* core contributor. His merit is based on more
contributions to WordPress in one year than either you or I will make in our
lifetimes. With respect to WordPress core code, *Nacin's word is the
gold-standard*. Given that he contributes to these discussions voluntarily
and at our request, I personally don't take kindly to what you have written.

Given that 1) your comments continue to devolve into streams of *ad hominem*,
and 2) two other WPTRT admins have already weighed in, concurring on the
issue, I'm going to take off my *personal opinion* hat, and put on my *WPTRT
admin* hat. Consider the following statement to be the *current, official
WPTRT policy*:

*What you are proposing will not be permitted for repository-hosted Themes.
There may be other, valid uses of ob_cache, which would be considered on a
case-by-case basis; but the use you're proposing will not be accepted.*

Given that this thread demonstrates absolutely no potential for any further,
constructive purpose, I am requesting that it not be continued.

Chip