[theme-reviewers] Why the bias?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Feb 15 18:46:54 UTC 2011

Okay, now it's probably time to give it a rest. This is becoming a waste of
time.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Satish Gandham <satish.iitg at gmail.com>wrote:

> +1 Rahul.
>
> Back in 2008, 200 themes were removed from the repository as their authors
> promoted themes that are not 100% GPL on their sites.
>
> And when platform was approved, they were selling themes that are not 100%
> GPL.
>
> http://files.droplr.com/files/17962094/DCMW.not-100-percent-gpl.png
>

> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-HyUwkEIZpYJ:pagelines.com/themes/terms/+ur+website+grants+you+non-exclusive+limited+license+to+use+the+web+templates+and+other+products+sold+through+our+website+%28http://www.pagelines.com%29+by&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.co.in

The Theme Review Team was formed in June of 2010 - a f*ull two years* after
that Repository purge. If you can't grasp the significance of that point,
then we're probably done here.

> How can you go easy on some themes, and pester other themes.
>

> As Rahul suggested, having a complete set of rules on the codex will be
> better for the community rather than leaving it to the discretion of the
> reviewer.

We DO have a complete set of Guidelines. However, it's not set in stone. We
do our best to keep it updated, but (again) we're not perfect.

> PS: I fixed all the problems pointed out in the earlier review and the new
> version is here
> http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2984
>
> previous ticket
> http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2982
>
> Please review it without pushing it down the queue.
>
> Wait a minute: you've just wasted the better part of the *past 20 hours
railing against favoritism* allegedly being shown to some Themes, and then
you *ask for favoritism for your own Theme*?

Is that irony, hypocrisy, or merely hubris?

I'm pretty sure I'm done with this thread, because I can't foresee anything
else beneficial coming from it.