No subject

Wed Aug 17 18:42:36 UTC 2011

Emil
On Feb 18, 2012 5:45 PM, "Helen Hou-Sandi" <helen.y.hou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah yes, content guidelines. As for those, I think you all have a much
> better sense as to what those may be for additional screenshots, and I
> agree that the primary one shouldn't change from what it is now. I imagine
> that there is definitely a good use for responsive themes, and perhaps also
> those with interesting admin screens. I suppose any sort of ad or
> non-content would continue to be a no-no :)
>
> A too-large screenshot will not break anything at all in terms of UI - the
> CSS will constrain it. The concern there is that package sizes could become
> rather ridiculously large, and since these will also exist as files within
> installations and be loaded in/from various environments, to me it makes
> sense to only allow them in a pre-determined size and also request that
> they be run through a web image optimizer to keep them small.
>
> I did find the place where I remembered the screenshot being used at 300
> across, which further informed my decision to go that route in the other
> theme screens - in the install thickbox.
>
> Helen

--00235429e2d466c71e04b945cbb0

ut this while ago and .jpg, .png or.gif was acceptable. </p>
uot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:helen.y.hou at gmail.com">helen.y.hou at gmail.com</a>=
&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Ah yes, content guidelines. As for those, I think you all have a much bette=
r sense as to what those may be for additional screenshots, and I agree tha=
t the primary one shouldn&#39;t change from what it is now. I imagine that =
there is definitely a good use for responsive themes, and perhaps also thos=
e with interesting admin screens. I suppose any sort of ad or non-content w=
ould continue to be a no-no :)<br>

the CSS will constrain it. The concern there is that package sizes could be=
come rather ridiculously large, and since these will also exist as files wi=
thin installations and be loaded in/from various environments, to me it mak=
es sense to only allow them in a pre-determined size and also request that =
they be run through a web image optimizer to keep them small.<br>

0 across, which further informed my decision to go that route in the other =
theme screens - in the install thickbox.<br><br clear=3D"all">Helen
theme-reviewers mailing list<br>
s.wordpress.org</a><br>