No subject

Wed Aug 17 18:42:36 UTC 2011

investigating using *_theme_mod functions to keep theme settings instead of
the general settings. There was a link to an article by Otto on how to use
the SAPI validation function differently to keep the SAPI features while
using theme_mod instead.

I haven't tried this yet, but think that perhaps the only one data base
entry rules should eventually be replaced with use theme_mod instead - if
it really can be compatible with SAPI.

It should be fairly easy to add a check in the theme to provide an
automatic conversion from the general settings to theme_mod.

But this is not an easy thing - especially for themes with lots of settings.

Bruce Wampler
Weaver II theme

--e89a8f6438c29f4e1704b8525297

Using SAPI and more than one db option:<br><br>This is a difficult question=
. In my own theme, I have found there are really serious issues with the Se=
ttings API when trying to track two sets of settings with more than a singl=
e HTML form - it tends to reset values back to false in a way I&#39;ve neve=
r been able to figure out. I ended up restructuring my admin pages using a =
javascript show/hide script for settings groups, but wrapping all the setti=
ngs in what is essentially is a single &lt;form&gt;, so all the settings ar=
e in one db entry. It was not easy to do.<br>
hile investigating using *_theme_mod functions to keep theme settings inste=
ad of the general settings. There was a link to an article by Otto on how t=
o use the SAPI validation function differently to keep the SAPI features wh=
ile using theme_mod instead. <br>
base entry rules should eventually be replaced with use theme_mod instead -=
 if it really can be compatible with SAPI.<br><br>It should be fairly easy =
to add a check in the theme to provide an automatic conversion from the gen=
eral settings to theme_mod.<br>

--e89a8f6438c29f4e1704b8525297--