[theme-reviewers] Use Static Front Page by Default for Reviews?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Apr 22 14:57:28 UTC 2011

I've run into Themes for which "home.php" was intended incorrectly to be
used as a Static Front Page. (Granted, the one I'm remembering specifically
was not a repository-hosted Theme.) But, it was cause enough for me to add
it to my (personal) list of things to check.

(And this is another unfortunate example of confusion-by-design, due to
less-than-ideal nomenclature - probably as a result of the nomenclature
being established while WordPress was still primarily a *blogging*
application. But yes, confusion abounds. I answer this question more than
once a week, between the WPORG support forums and wordpress.stackexchange.)

Chip