[theme-reviewers] My First Suggest-Approval *sniff*

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Mon Sep 13 04:47:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Edward Caissie
> <edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you consider those three points as those of a triangle then somewhere
> in
> > the middle is most likely the best place to find a solution; but, it is
> > equally likely not to be arrived at without mutually cooperative
> > communication and actions being taken together by all parties involved:
> the
> > community (Theme Review team, Developers/Authors, etc.) and
> Automattic/WPORG
> > (core/dev team members).
> >
> > So once again I will ask of the teams, as has already been asked even in
> > this thread: what is expected and under what criteria are the Theme
> > Reviewers to be going forward with?
>
> Um, dude, you are the reviewers. You guys are the "community" here.
> All I can do is try help you out when I can. But what you do and how
> you do it is really entirely up to you. It's not my place to dictate a
> standard for you to abide by, it's my place to try to assist you when
> *you* determine what the standards are to be.
>
> As I see it, the "criteria" to be used is entirely up to the
> reviewers. After all, you're the ones doing these reviews.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Please, group "WPORG" under the community, and take Automattic out of there.
If Matt or Joseph feel they need to step in and provide direction, they will
do so (and would be doing so in their community role). But you guys are
doing fine.

Beyond that, Otto and I can speak to best practices. Both of us also have
wordpress.org access and can make improvements to both Trac handling and the
upload script. I can also provide an opinion as a member of the core team.

Otto and I are rather unique in that we do read literally every email on
every mailing list. If you ever need direction on anything, just ask. We'll
see it. We'll weigh in.