[theme-reviewers] Discussion

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Sep 1 15:38:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> I should be ANYBODY's place to reopen the ticket and to bring in
> discussion. There's supposed to be a dialog between the theme-author
> and the reviewer, in order to come to a mutally beneficial agreement.

Re-opening the ticket implies that the Theme, as submitted, is under
consideration for acceptance into the Repository. That is a decision for the
Theme Review team, and primarily one of our Admins (Cais, Pross, etc.)

> Closing the ticket is closing discussion and rejecting the author
> completely. And I find that unacceptable. If you're doing this kind of
> thing to me, then you're probably doing it to others too. And we need
> to talk about that so that you'll stop doing it.

No. Closing the ticket does not preclude comments on that ticket. The Theme
developer can and should leave comments and questions regarding the Theme or
its review. In fact, I state such at the end of every review I perform.

> Why did you not want to have a discussion with the theme author? Why
> did you reject the theme authors point of view, without consideration,
> without bringing it up to anybody else, without doing anything but
> saying "no go away" in essence?

Only you are claiming that the Theme reviewers don't want to have a
discussion with the Theme author - due, presumably, to your incorrect
association with a closed review ticket and absolute rejection of a Theme
and its developer. Perhaps if you disabused yourself of this incorrect
notion, you wouldn't be so up-in-arms?

> This is not what I think a "review" is supposed to be. And we need to
> talk about that.
>
> So, your primary complaint seems to be that the ticket gets closed with the
review is complete. Is that it?