[theme-reviewers] Questions for Otto/Nacin

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:22:56 UTC 2010

I agree with the idea of new reviewers having some sort of workflow to
follow to make the initial reviews easier to get done; and, for these new
reviewers to become more involved with the process.

Although I understand the suggestion of a "Reviewer Trainee" group the basic
premise is any community member can write a review for most any theme
provided they follow the basic guidelines for writing a Theme review. We
essentially have this already documented, perhaps it needs to be re-worded
or re-written to take into consideration the recent changes in the Theme
Trac management.

IMO, if a new reviewer is not able to follow the outline(s) already provided
putting them in a "Reviewer Trainee" group may not correct any potential
issues but would create more administrative maintenance. Explaining and
documenting the process to be used may be more beneficial than restricting
what resolutions a new reviewer can use.

Given all of the above still leaves me with a question, or two: do you see a
great influx of new reviewers around the corner; and, how long do you expect
a new reviewer to have the "Trainee" status?

Cais.