[theme-reviewers] Post formats

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 22:18:46 UTC 2010

I agree that post_thumbnail() for the most part should be handling image
thumbnails, but as you noted there are exceptions which would preclude
TimThumb from being prohibited. The basis I am working from is if the code
could be caught and stopped by the upload script in a perfect world then in
our imperfect world it would be a required item. Since there are exceptions
to the rule when TimThumb could be viable then it should be noted as such.

I would suggest, we put it forward along the lines of: if TimThumb is being
used within a theme then it should be explained why it is required over the
core functionality of post_thumbnail().  No explanation, no approval; and,
of course, the explanation has to be sensible. The explanation has to be
somewhere reasonable as well, which brings another item: the 'readme.txt'
file inclusion. Another item for 3.1 ... and likely another thread for
clarity of discussion.

Cais.