[theme-reviewers] support question and trac suggestion

Chris Olbekson chris at c3mdigital.com
Mon Jun 28 10:32:45 UTC 2010

Hello all,
I wanted to make a suggestion and pose a question to the group.

If I understand it correctly, a theme author must re submit the theme if it
is rejected for for a bug or coding error and this would then put their
theme at the bottom of the queue.

Would it be possible to add a needs patch to their ticket and hold the
ticket open then the author would have a chance to fix the bug and submit a
patch.  Anyone could test the patch and then it could be committed back to
the theme and be approved without the author having to back through the
process.  Would this be a viable option?

Also another discussion has been going on in the forums mailing list
regarding theme support.  Maybe we could require the author to commit to
providing some level of support for their theme in the forums.  Some
authors actively participate in questions  tagged with their theme and
others are nowhere to be found.

We could also use this as another guideline for acceptance based on the
authors previous track record for offering support.  I know they will not be
able to answer all questions but it would be great if they could at least
try and help users out on some level.  I am also going to cc this question
to the wp-forums list.

[image: Chris Olbekson]
    (713) 581-4107

[image: C3MDigital.com] <http://c3mdigital.com>