[theme-reviewers] Moderation

Tom Lany mail at tomlany.net
Fri Jun 18 16:17:45 UTC 2010

Joseph, Chip, and all,

I agree that the amount of spam/theme support, etc. messages seems to be
a bit high on this list.  Could a more detailed message indicating that
support requests will not be handled here be added to:
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/contact/.  Might I suggest something
such as:

For WordPress support issues, including issues about themes in this
directory, and theme programming help, please use the forums. Such
requests will not receive a response here. <http://wordpress.org/support/>

If you have questions or suggestions about the features at
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/, or need to report a security
problem with a theme in the directory, drop us an email at:

theme-reviewers

*AT*

lists

*DOT*

wordpress

*DOT*

org

Also, I noticed that "Contact us" appears on the left column of all
pages in the theme gallery.  This kind of "begs" for people to contact
us about any questions they may have.  Could an "About" page be added,
which would provide answers to some FAQs and link to this page, so as to
cut down the asking of FAQs here.

Also, the "More Info" link could be changed to something like "Hosting
your theme here".  We have recieved a few questions about how one would
go about hosting their theme on this list.

I think by adding a bit more information to the website, we could cut
down on the FAQ type questions we receive here, while providing people
the information they want in a quicker manner.

If I could help with writing some things for the site, let me know.

Regarding the spam, I guess that is just a part of having Email, but is
there a way we could put a tougher spam filter on themes at wordpress.org?

Tom Lany
http://tomlany.net