[theme-reviewers] Moderation

chip at chipbennett.net chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Jun 18 15:59:43 UTC 2010

Joseph,

The signal-to-noise level on this mail-list, from utter spam to
out-of-scope messages (requesting theme support, etc.) is seriously going
to make this mail-list unusable very quickly.

Is there any way we can get some moderation?

This would seem to be a relatively easy matter to correct, as join
requests for the mail-list must be approved. It would seem that too many
such join requests are getting approved.

Perhaps you should have people interested in helping with *reviewing
themes* contact you before requesting to join the mail-list, and only
approve join requests from people who have contacted you beforehand?

And similarly: can we stop forwarding themes at wordpress.org to this mail
list? I have yet to see a single, non-spam come through from that email
address.

Let's cut down on the clutter, so we can get back to our intended work,
shall we?

(And on that note: I'd be happy to start my next theme review!)