[theme-reviewers] TDC: W3C Validation and WordPress Shortcodes

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Jul 3 23:04:29 UTC 2010

Good evening, Theme Reviewers!

I'm back with more... this time, looking at W3C validation of the unit test
data. I'm sure this information isn't new to some/most/all of you, but: the
WordPress [gallery] shortcode and video embeds do not validate, nor does the
default markup generated by comment_form().

understand the reason why; nevertheless, it still results in invalid markup).

The embeds add undefined attributes.

comment_form() adds aria-required attributes (draft attributes; not yet
standard) to required form fields.

Are these validation errors anything to be concerned about with respect to
theme review? Or, should we just expect them beforehand, and check for any
other errors?

--
Chip Bennett
chip at chipbennett.net