[wp-hackers] Is this a plugin, or lust me not understanding API

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 01:33:00 UTC 2004

Hi,
A few things are not too clear.
Is the basic question here about what makes a plugin a plugin?
Also a few other questions:
> If you click on a cat you get the list of  posts of that cat in the
> left div, as in http://www.richardsnotes.org/archive.php?cat=10 (and, I
> know, putting in permalink momencature  is the next step). I could you
> see a way to have wp_list_cats generate that link, even  with $file
> defined. I ended up cloning wp_list_cats and list_cats  (the only
> change to wp_list_cats is what it calls.
>
> is this a kludge? is there a better way?

Is what a kludge? What problem exactly are you referring to here?

> Also, how can I get search to work on archive.php?

You can get the same serach form, only replace the file to which the
query is appended to, to index.php or the equivalent, if you need to
make that change.

I hope that in answering my questions, you will find more responses to
your problem(s)

Carthik.

> Thanks,
>
> dc

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net