[wp-hackers] Is this a plugin, or lust me not understanding API

David Clark david at davidsaccess.com
Wed Sep 8 22:44:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

Someone please tell me if these questions are too basic for the hackers
list, I apologize in advance.

I'm working on a new type of "nicer archives? and I started out by
taking one of the ones out there and turned it into a plugin. then I
went further.

see http://www.richardsnotes.org/archive.php Only cats are done at this
point, but I plan on doing the same thing for the months.

If you click on a cat you get the list of  posts of that cat in the
left div, as in http://www.richardsnotes.org/archive.php?cat=10 (and, I
know, putting in permalink momencature  is the next step). I could you
see a way to have wp_list_cats generate that link, even  with $file
defined. I ended up cloning wp_list_cats and list_cats  (the only
change to wp_list_cats is what it calls.

is this a kludge? is there a better way?

Also, how can I get search to work on archive.php?

Thanks,

dc