[wp-hackers] XMLRPC Patches

Emmanuel Frécon emmanuel at sics.se
Thu Sep 2 08:07:51 UTC 2004

I have had a look at the README file, which gave me enought insights
into how you have coded that. It all makes sense and I am tempted to say
that the XMLRPC interface would not make sense. Read further...

It seems to me that building dependencies on some plugins in the XMLRPC
API is a bad idea. This remark does not only apply to the TFS, it also
applies to my current patch that is now floating around and attempts to
be smart about markdown (a plugin that has to be activated) and textile
(another plugin). The whole idea does seems awkward. Plugins are for
making extensions that leave as less "tracks" as possible behind them in
the main system. If you start building dependencies on existing plugins
in the main system, you have broken the whole idea.

I understand that I am not very constructive here. Please understand me,
I am not trying to start a flame, I am just trying to start the discussion.

--
New book: "Inhabited Information Spaces"
	  Book site: http://www.iisbook.com/

Emmanuel Frécon              Tel:         +46 8 633 1534
SICS                         Fax:         +46 8 751 7230
Box 1263                     Email:       emmanuel at sics.se
Isafjordsgatan 22            Static Web:  http://www.sics.se/~emmanuel/
SE-164 29 Kista              Dynamic Web: http://embrof.sics.se/

I filter all incoming Emails through several Spam filters. They
occasionally crunch real letters though.