[wp-hackers] XMLRPC Patches

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Sep 1 16:24:36 UTC 2004

Emmanuel Frécon wrote:

 > [...]
>    5. It sets correctly the mt_convert_breaks field to reflect textile,
> markdown or nothing.
 >
 > [...]
>
> item 5 is interesting. I did not really know what to do there and built
> further upon the Ecto patch. MT allows you to use different text input
> filters depending on the entry. To my knowledge (stop me if I am wrong),
> WP does not allow you to do that. Since most of these text input filters
> also allow you to write raw HTML, the Ecto solution (a further mine) is
> to look for active plugins and if one of those is activated, to return
> relevant information.

Correct, by default, WP doesn't have a way to set content filters on a
per-post filters.

But my new Text Filter Suite plugin[1] can do it. I'm hoping that
eventually, we might such a capability a standard WP feature. It would
be particularly useful for multi-author sites, where certain authors
prefer a particular markup style, e.g. Textile or Markdown.

My current TFS filters are mostly "entertaining". But I'm planning to
add "tfs-textile" and "tfs-markdown" sometime soon, which will make it
much more useful to a wider audience.

Anyhow, I didn't know if you might be interested in looking at my
implementation for handling per-post formatting on the server end.

[1] http://dougal.gunters.org/blog/2004/08/30/text-filter-suite

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/