[wp-hackers] Save/edit hooks

jens persson jens at persson.cx
Tue Oct 12 11:20:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:19:27PM -0400, Mark Jaquith wrote:
> Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
>
> >This is doable with WP using the post_content_filtered field in the
> >posts table. I think this was added in 1.2. Has anyone played with
> >this? I did some experiments but the effects weren't enough to make it
> >using in out-of-the-box WP.
> >
> >Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever looks at the DB anymore. :)
> >
> Actually, while you were working on Staticize-Reloaded, I worked with
> someone to come up with a plugin that processed the "the_content"
> filters and stored the "processed" text in the post_content_filtered
> field.  This sped up load times, especially on big archive pages.  The
> benefit is that you can use complicated filters like Textile without the
> performance hit, because the rendering is done at the time of publish.
> This might be a good solution for people wanting to speed up delivery,
> but not wanting to go with a full page caching solution like
> Staticize-Reloaded.
>
> Here's the code:  http://persson.cx/code/pre-render/pre-render-0.5.phps
>
> It has some issues, but it's a decent starting place if anyone wanted to
> work on it.

Hello all,

it's me that is the someone :-). I have been thinking of fixing up the
remaining issues and port the plugin to 1.3 before slaping a 1.0 on it.
So please try it out and add to the to do list:

To do:
* add a simple controlpanel (dump all prerendered content etc.).
* add prerendering to comments (needs a comment_content_filtered in the
  database)
* port to 1.3 (should be relativly stright forward)

and i'm thinking about changing the name to something less generic :-)

/jp

--
 jens persson         #     A mouse is a device used to point at the
 <jens at persson.cx>    #                    xterm you want to type in