[wp-hackers] Save/edit hooks

Kimmo Suominen kim at tac.nyc.ny.us
Tue Oct 12 01:09:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 07:28:53PM -0500, Brad Froehle wrote:
> TextPattern takes the approach of storing the data in both Textile and
> XHTML syntax (which obviously takes up twice as much space), but is
> technically an easier solution to the matter.
>
> My only worry is that a XHTML -> Markdown or XHTML -> Textile syntax
> converter wouldn't work reliably and would most likely produce syntax
> (that while valid) wouldn't be like how you would write it.

I would have this exact same worry.  I like writing the content just
the way I do it, and having it changed around "behind my back" would
probably just be frustrating.

However, I do like the idea of storing the XHTML in the DB as well,
especially since I'm running my web stuff on a (dual) pII/300 Mhz.

I also like the staticize idea, but as it is, it makes a mess of the
HTTP headers, and I couldn't find a way around that...

Cheers,
+ Kim
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>