[wp-hackers] Nightly build generation

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 05:01:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 21:31, Robert Deaton wrote:
> Kitten's is close, but not perfect, and has one major flaw that
> screwed me over once, and that's the rm -rf *, it needs to be rm -rf

See my post of 21:54 for a revised edition, with better error reporting
and error checking.

But as to the above, if you're running a proper OS, rm -rf * will NOT
traverse '.' and '..', so running this command will not wipe the file
system unless run as root from '/'. (I know that Gentoo and OpenBSD
behave properly.)

Unfortunately, some more 'user-friendly Linuxes overdo what the 'rm'
command is supposed to do.
--
Cheers,		     Blog: http://blog.mookitty.co.uk
Kitty		     PC Repair: http://www.girltech.net