[wp-hackers] Nightly build generation

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 05:37:31 UTC 2004

Yeah, debian definately overdid it, and I ended up killing my system,
I have gentoo now though, but I'm still on the safe side with stuff
like that since I wouldn't want it to happen to someone else based on
my own fault.

Your code looks good though kitten. Tested in gentoo here also, looks good.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:01:49 -0700, Kitty <kitty at mookitty.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 21:31, Robert Deaton wrote:
> > Kitten's is close, but not perfect, and has one major flaw that
> > screwed me over once, and that's the rm -rf *, it needs to be rm -rf
>
> See my post of 21:54 for a revised edition, with better error reporting
> and error checking.
>
> But as to the above, if you're running a proper OS, rm -rf * will NOT
> traverse '.' and '..', so running this command will not wipe the file
> system unless run as root from '/'. (I know that Gentoo and OpenBSD
> behave properly.)
>
> Unfortunately, some more 'user-friendly Linuxes overdo what the 'rm'
> command is supposed to do.
>

> --
> Cheers,              Blog: http://blog.mookitty.co.uk
> Kitty                PC Repair: http://www.girltech.net
>                      WP Plugins: http://mookitty.co.uk/devblog
> Support proactive security: http://www.openbsd.org/orders.html

--Robert Deaton
http://false-hopes.com/
A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.