[wp-hackers] Admin menu hook

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 04:20:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 20:31, Owen Winkler wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something fundamental here, but...

You are, and it's my fault for leaving it out.

Basically my goal is to have a drop in system that has it's own $menu
level entry, and 5 $submenu items under it. I want all files to live in
a folder in wp-content, except for the plugin file to hold the hooked in
code. I prefer this to adding a folder under plugins. But either would
work with the proposed diff.

> Why do what you're suggesting instead of this:
> http://wordpress.org/pipermail/hackers_wordpress.org/attachments/20041018/9bd317f6/test.bin
>
> The line with echo "<p>" could easily include other files as needed,
> including ones in subdirectories.  Your whole plugin, subdirectory and
> all, could drop into wp-content/plugins without issue.

It's not an submenu of options.

> And if you wanted to add your submenu explicitly to the Plugins page and

Nope

> Maybe you missed Ryan's message, Kitty?  Or did I misinterpret your
> intentions, and thie really doesn't apply?  Or maybe I'm just insane...

Nope, yep, only your shrink knows ;)

> If you want to see an example of this menu stuff working, my OSA plugin

I looked, it not what I'm looking for. I have a working framework now,
and fully qualifying the path to wp-admin.css is trival, and would allow
the hook to be used to it's fullest extent.
--
Cheers,		     Blog: http://blog.mookitty.co.uk
Kitty		     PC Repair: http://www.girltech.net