[wp-hackers] Admin menu hook

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Nov 25 04:58:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 21:20 -0700, Kitty wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 20:31, Owen Winkler wrote:
> > Maybe I'm missing something fundamental here, but...
>
> You are, and it's my fault for leaving it out.
>
> Basically my goal is to have a drop in system that has it's own $menu
> level entry, and 5 $submenu items under it. I want all files to live in
> a folder in wp-content, except for the plugin file to hold the hooked in
> code. I prefer this to adding a folder under plugins. But either would
> work with the proposed diff.

A folder under plugins would make for a single install location if we
allow plugins to be loaded from directories under wp-content/plugins?
Plugins that supply multiple files can install to a subdir, like themes
do.  Only those files that contain a plugin header would show up in the
plugin manager.  With everything under plugins/, all files could benefit
from the admin.php bootstrap.

Ryan