[wp-hackers] Admin menu hook

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Nov 25 03:45:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 22:31 -0500, Owen Winkler wrote:
> And if you wanted to add your submenu explicitly to the Plugins page and
> not the Options page (which seems to be a faux pas), you could simply
> replace the add_options_page() with something that adds to the Plugins
> page, like this code:
> $submenu['plugin.php'][] = array('Title', 9, 'plugin-admin.php' );

We need to decide where plugins should add menus.  I see two common
scenarios.  Plugins will need to add and manipulate options and
"manageable objects".  We already have add_options_page().  Perhaps
add_management_page() is in order.  This would add to the "Manage" sub-
menu.

Now that the plugins page has a submenu, maybe we should go ahead with
add_plugin_page() too.  I'm not too keen on that, but it might be handy.

Ryan