[wp-hackers] 1.3 CVS

Steve Ivy steveivy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:54:57 UTC 2004

Actually, Robert (et al), I'm on Mac OS X and use cvs in my daily php
development work. :-) I just had never paid attention to discussions
of the Wordpress cvs repo before b/c I wasn't interested and was
occupied with other stuff.

I *did* Google 'wordpress+cvs'... if you try that search you'll find
that http://wiki.wordpress.org/cvs is nowhere on the first *3* pages
of results. (I did not look further). As to my question about thee
repo being anonymous, not every repository is set up to allow
anonymous checkouts, and I had not determined yet if one needed to be
"blessed" by the developers in order to get access. I did not *think*
it a stupid question.

Anyway, someone in #wordpress pointed me in the right direction.

--Steve

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:19:26 -0500, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> My guess is most likely you're on windows and have no clue how to
> check things out of anonymous CVS (yes, its anonymous, as are all
> sourceforge accounts).
>
> I recommend tortoise CVS, although it was a little difficult my first
> time using it, its relatively easy compared to some of its
> alternatives.
>
> If you don't want to go through the hassle, use a nightly, since its
> just a snapshot of CVS
>
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:07:34 -0500, Mark Jaquith
>

> <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
> > http://google.com/search?q=wordpress+cvs
> >
> > or, the condescending l33t version:
> >
> > http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/search?q=wordpress+cvs
> >

> > Steve Ivy wrote:
> >
> > >I'd like to get a copy of 1.3 from CVS. Is it anonymous? I've been
> > >looking for instructions online with little success.
> > >
> > >--Steve

> --
> --Robert Deaton
> http://false-hopes.com/
> A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
> Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.

Steve Ivy
http://redmonk.net