[wp-hackers] 1.3 CVS on OSX

Carla Hufstedler carlamichele at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:29:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:54:57 -0700, Steve Ivy <steveivy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, Robert (et al), I'm on Mac OS X and use cvs in my daily php
> development work. :-)

Steve, I just learned how to properly do this myself. :)

Open Terminal (who I'm learning to befriend), and type:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cafelog login
(Press enter when it asks you for a password.)

I had to literally use the enter key on the numeric pad; return was
ignored, it seemed.

After this, you'll get your hard drive/name prompt again, and it will
look like you've been logged out of CVS/nothing's happened. Type:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cafelog co wordpress

and hit the enter key again. A list of every file will scroll by, then
you'll get your hd/name prompt again. In your Home folder, the CVS
Wordpress folder will be all ready to go.

hth...

O:) Carla
--
http://www.hauntedpalace.net