[wp-hackers] Offical Plugins, repository, and extending WordPress

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Jun 25 20:48:08 UTC 2004

scriptygoddess wrote:

> "The code will live on wp.org and feature prominent links to the authors."
>
> I can't say this appeals to me very much. I like having easy access to
> my code. I wouldn't want it to live on someone else's server.

Is this because you don't trust wordpress.org, you want to be able to find
it easily in a pinch, or it'd be too much trouble to keep it updated in
two places?

Being an official plugin doesn't necessarily require participation from
the author of the plugin, in fact new versions of a plugin would need to
be reviewed before they're on the site anyway.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | more soon...