[wp-hackers] Offical Plugins, repository, and extending WordPress

Jason goldsmith unteins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 20:58:07 UTC 2004

>From my experience, "official" plugins work great for a few months,
and then the approval process bogs down or the person in charge of it
takes a vacation and the approvals take to long and the developers
give up on trying to be "official" because it is a pain in the butt.

I also question the necessity of having "approved" plugins unless the
idea is that once you have an "spproved" plugin then it is guaranteed
to work with all future versions of WordPress.

Another big problem is that in order to approve a plugin a competent
PHP programmer has to go over the code and make sure that it is
correct. It doesn't make much sense to have competent programmers
reviewing plugins when they could be working on new plugins or
improving the wordpress code....