[wp-hackers] Managing Many WP blogs

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 02:27:27 UTC 2004

You might reach a wider audience by posting at the forums.
Also, this seems to be off topic, since it does not have to do with
developing wordpress, and it seems like adapting wordpress to a
specific need.

Carthik.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:23:51 -0800, Chris Lott <chris.lott at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a project at work to provide blogs for a group of
> faculty who want them (and all of their students should they so
> choose). This might mean 20 or so faculty this semester, and
> potentially a few hundred students with individual blogs. Some of the
> classes might end up with a single class blog that all students
> participate in, others will not.
>
> If I can claim any programming knowledge at all, it is in PHP, and as
> much as I like TextPattern, it is a little too conceptually different
> on the authoring side for this, so I am contemplating using WordPress
> for this.
>
> My question/request is for any ideas on how to deal with this kind of
> a scenario? Setup of WP is pretty simple, and I'm not planning on
> supporting anything but the "out of the box" functionality, so I can
> deal with the setups unless there is an obvious better way.
>
> Also, any ideas on integration with PHPBB in terms of user
> authentication? We will also be providing PHPBB services and it would
> be great if a student/faculty could create one account and be
> authenticated for both systems...
>
> *ANY* ideas appreciated...

> --
> Chris Lott

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net