[wp-hackers] Managing Many WP blogs

Chris Lott Chris.Lott at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 00:23:51 UTC 2004

I am working on a project at work to provide blogs for a group of
faculty who want them (and all of their students should they so
choose). This might mean 20 or so faculty this semester, and
potentially a few hundred students with individual blogs. Some of the
classes might end up with a single class blog that all students
participate in, others will not.

If I can claim any programming knowledge at all, it is in PHP, and as
much as I like TextPattern, it is a little too conceptually different
on the authoring side for this, so I am contemplating using WordPress
for this.

My question/request is for any ideas on how to deal with this kind of
a scenario? Setup of WP is pretty simple, and I'm not planning on
supporting anything but the "out of the box" functionality, so I can
deal with the setups unless there is an obvious better way.

Also, any ideas on integration with PHPBB in terms of user
authentication? We will also be providing PHPBB services and it would
be great if a student/faculty could create one account and be
authenticated for both systems...

*ANY* ideas appreciated...

Chris Lott