[wp-hackers] For those who don't subscribe to the wp docs mailing list:

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Jul 29 21:50:12 UTC 2004

Scott Merrill wrote:
> You need to use a WikiWord (also known as CamelCase).  Generally it's
> two seperate words with no intervening space.  I can't use my nick
> (skippy) because it's not a WikiWord.  I had to use my name (ScottMerrill).

While we're throwing out suggestions, I'd like to advocate for MediaWiki
instead of phpWiki.  I realize that the conversion would be awkward, but
in my short time fiddling with MediaWiki I've found it to offer a lot of
useful features.

For example, each page has a linked "discussion" meta-page, which can be
used for out-of-band discussions about the page.  That seems ideally
suited for use on constantly-evolving documentation efforts!  The
discussion is immediately available within the wiki itself, which is
super convenient for contributors and collaborators, but regular readers
don't need to get bogged down by reading it.

Further, MediaWiki does not use CamelCase _at all_.  I prefer this, but
I recognize it's purely a matter of preference.

Plus, the default template delivered with 1.3.0 beta5 is valid XHTML 1.0
Transitional right out of the box.  =)

http://www.mediawiki.org/

Cheers,
Scott