[wp-hackers] WP Plugin site.

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Sun Jul 25 13:24:01 UTC 2004

Tara Star wrote:

> forgive my ignorance, but does GPL mean the author still gets credit for
> his work, or not? (I'm more in a creative commons frame of mind when
> thinking about licenses, so I'm not too sure where GPL stands. Is it
> like an attribution-sharealike cc license?)

Yes, under GPL the author gets full credit for the creation of the work.
  Basically, it says that anyone can use the source. If they distribute
any work which contains GPLed code, they must include the source, or
provide a way to get the source (even if they just point back to the
original archive, I think).

There's more to it than that, of course. But another thing to remember
is that for code that you have created completely on your own, you can
always use it under multiple licenses. You could release it to the
public under GPL, but you could also separately license it to a company
for use in a closed source product.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/