[wp-hackers] WP Plugin site.

Stephen O'Connor steve at stevarino.com
Sun Jul 25 07:40:50 UTC 2004

Henning Seljenes wrote:

>I like the idea of implementing a system to browse plugins via a feed,
>but I don't know the likeliness of something like that making it into
>the official distribution. And while a local mirror would be really
>helpful for that kind of situation, I think it's been decided that it
>should be at the users discretion whether or not a local version of
>the plugin exists.
>
>-- Henning

Oh, of course. I completely agree that no action should be taken with a
plugin without the author's knowledge and agreement. We just need to
figure out a standard way to determine a) licensing of plugins and b) a
plugin's granted rights. Most sites of this nature handle these issues
with just a TOS agreement, but I don't know how that will fly in the WP
croud.

- Stephen