[wp-hackers] WP Plugin site.

Henning Seljenes henning.seljenes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 08:21:56 UTC 2004

If the author agrees to release his code, it must be released under
the GPL. As people have stated, since it is under the GPL, the plugin
site could host the plugin regardless of what the developer decided.
But I think that goes against the WP spirit, and is not something I'd
like to see happen.

I also put together a simple script to check if a remote file exists
[1] (to see if the developer site is working). The next step is a
create a cron job php file to go through the remote links and check
whether the site is up/down and update the database/.htaccess
accordingly to enable/disable access to the local mirror copy.

I'm having trouble to get the file_upload hook to do anything (is this
active in 1.2-stable?), but once I figure out what's going on, I'll
try to create a plugin to add support for when a developer uploads
their file to the local mirror to either a) allow access to the mirror
full-time, or b) only allow access when the remote site goes down.

[1] http://www.grumm3t.com/scripts/check_remote_file/check_remote_file.phps

-- Henning