[wp-hackers] WP, PHP5, PEAR::DB, SQLite

Jason goldsmith unteins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 21:22:48 UTC 2004

Matt, how hard would it be to take step one and port all of WordPress
to PEAR::DB but only support mySQL?

Although, we do have an abstraction layer already. I think the article
you mentioned is funny...because the author says he hates abstraction
layers and then says he uses a library (which in his case sounds
exactly like and abstraction layer)

I think the main point is simply that the SQL would need to be majorly
overhauled and possibly we'd need to change the database schema as
well. That would be a serious project to undertake and would require
quite a bit of work.