[wp-hackers] topic exchange integration

Tara Star tellme at climbtothestars.org
Tue Jul 13 15:18:32 UTC 2004

Dougal Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Tara Star wrote:
>

>>Reading this post by Seb Paquet just gave me an idea:
>>
>><http://radio.weblogs.com/0110772/2004/06/30.html#a1628>
>>
>>Here is what I'd like to do (hack or plugin) -- please let me know if
>>anything similar exists or is in the works, so that we don't do the job
>>twice:
>>
>>- add a text-field for "TE topics" in the new post page (for input like
>>"blogtalk_conference wordpress multilingual_blogging")
>>- upon submission, parse that field, trackback the channels it lists,
>>and add them to the postmeta table
>>- when retrieving a post, that data can then be diplayed so that we can
>>imagine having a list of categories, and a list of trackbacked TE
>>channels for each post
>

> Why add a new field? Just use the postmeta. When posting, you could just
> add a "te_channel" key for each topic. A plugin could then just hook
> into the publish_post action, look for any "te_channel" fields for the
> post, and send the appropriate pings to the TE server.

Of course, new field is not necessary. It's just an interface preference
thing. I already have three postmeta keys for all of my posts, and I
find adding them one by one with the "custom field" part of the form
very kludgy. I'd much rather have a text input I can tab to and into
which I just need to type a bunch of channel identifyers.

Steph aka bunny
--
http://climbtothestars.org/
Trackback to http://topicexchange/t/wordpress/ if you post about WP!