[wp-hackers] Translating 1.5 with Rosetta

Albert Holm albert at cdr.se
Wed Dec 22 10:25:15 UTC 2004

This seems like a quite userfriendly way to translate it. I tried it out
and translated a few strings to swedish.

One thing that I have noticed (and already noticed when I worked with
poEdit but only submitted one patch for some various e-mail spellings) is
that there are many strings that are similar to each other. For example,
there are strings "Comments (0)", "No Comments", "Comments (1)", "1
Comments", "Comments (%s)" and "%s Comments". There is also the powered by
wordpress string which is both translated with <cite> and then same string
without. I guess it is possible to get rid of quite alot of the similar
strings.

Should I work towards a patch that removes some "duplicate" strings?

/Albert