[wp-hackers] Help with ratings plugin

eleanor kruszewski eleanor at proteanstrategy.com
Tue Dec 21 22:03:31 UTC 2004

Hi there,
I just found this, and this seems much more the place for my questions,
and for me to learn about what you are doing as well.
I'm using wordpress to get a group of people involved with my blog.  I
blog, they consume, and sometimes comment.
I want to add ratings functionality, but cannot make the plugin work
right.  Right now I don't even know what I expect to see - how the
rating is supposed to be done (maybe it is like at thefeature.com with
their bar?)
Here's the post I made to the support forum
http://wordpress.org/support/index.php?action=vthread&forum=10&topic=17858&page=-1#3,
but I'm hoping I can get a quicker answer here.

 > OK guys - so the Wiki is a great store , but it doesn't allow for
troubleshooting comments and whatnot.
 >I cannot get the user-ratings element of this plugin to work. And,
what's more - it doesn't look like it's working on the test page
provided by the author at the >end of the Complicated Install documentation:
 >   " The index.php and wp-layout.css on
http://www.scottheavner.com/wordpress are configured to work as both
author and reader."
 >I see no facility here in the code for readers to rate the posts and
to trigger the submission of a rating. What is this code supposed to
display on the page to >allow rating? A clickable continuum or choices?
Is there some problem with my choice of number display? Do you have to
use the progressbars?
 >Help.
 >eleanor

Thanks,