[wp-hackers] theme manager like plugin manager

Chris Waigl fz.serendipity at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 08:12:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:59:29 +0100, Tara Star
<tellme at climbtothestars.org> wrote:
> The same thing for themes would be great. I mean, I've seen some
> beautiful themes out there, but for the moment, changing themes requires
> (a) hunting down the theme on the web, (b) downloading it to the server,
> (c) activating it. Wouldn't a theme manager functioning a bit like
> Dave's plugin manager be a nice thing? View a page with screenshots and
> info of all registered themes in a central DB, and one-click install the
> theme of your choice. I'm certain a lot of the plugin manager code could
> be re-used for this.

<delurk>
This would be a great addition to WP. I'm using the plugin-manager,
which has sent me to a lot of plugin dev's pages I'd never have
visited otherwise. My first theme is also nearly ready -- the theme
framework has a lot of good stuff to it! So, not being enough of a
coder, I won't take on that project myself, but I'd certainly be a
beta-tester etc.
</delurk>

--

Chris Waigl