[wp-hackers] Exporting blogroll to OPML

Kimmo Suominen kim at tac.nyc.ny.us
Thu Dec 2 20:33:51 UTC 2004

I was just asking my friends recently if there would be any interest in
feeds per category.  I guess it would be good to have.

The sample index.php is already pulling the links in per category into
a combined feed (or HTML page), so having such feeds from the web page
is really just a matter of mapping URL's to each category.

So, I tweaked the sample index.php and dot.htaccess a bit, on how it
parses the URL's (PATH_INFO), and now you can do this:

    http://kimmo.suominen.com/links/category/Reminders/feed/opml

where "Reminders" is a link category in my WP.

The code should be enhanced to parse the URL just like the category
stuff in WP does (lowercase, spaces turned to hyphens)...

Regards,
+ Kim
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>