[wp-hackers] Exporting blogroll to OPML

Bernard Flach bernard.flach at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:12:58 UTC 2004

If i have more category's .. can i filter those to create different
OPML file per category ..?

Example .. i've got a category named audioblogs and weblogs. Can i
filter weblogs out so i get only an OPML file of audioblogs ?

Hope you know what i mean.
Bernard

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:44:42 -0500, Kimmo Suominen <kim at tac.nyc.ny.us> wrote:
> Since FeedCreator does OPML, it would be trivial to use the XBEL exporter
> I wrote.  I guess I should make this into a plugin, and allow selecting
> the format in the request...
>
> http://kimmo.suominen.com/2004/11/27/export-wordpress-links-as-xbel/
>
> I've updated the sample index.php file for wp-links to handle the OPML
> case as well.
>
> A "live demo" is at
>
> http://kimmo.suominen.com/links/
>
> Just look at the "Feeds" sidebar for a few different formats.
>
> Regards,
> + Kim
> --
> <A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>
>

> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 12:07:36AM +1300, Stephen Cropp wrote:
> > Someone came in to #wordpress this evening (NZDT) and wanted to know
> > about exporting the blogroll in WP to OPML. This is actually something
> > that got my interest. I can think of a number of uses for this myself.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a plugin for 1.2.x that might do this already? Is
> > this also something that might be useful in the 1.3 release as a default
> > plugin?
> >
> > Just throwing the net out there. Any feedback/ideas?
> >
> > Steve
> > (aka Korgan)

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,
   Bernard Flach