[wp-hackers] keywords in main post attributes -- what do youthink?

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Tue Aug 10 16:39:20 UTC 2004

jonner.1979671 at bloglines.com said:
> I think there's probably situations where you wouldn't want the field
> added to every post entry form (for example, if you had a ton of custom
> fields
> and didn't want your post form to be 10 pages long), so I think the
> existing
> interface could be kept, as long as a couple commonly-used fields could be
> designated as static.

How about: when displaying the post form, query the DB for all those keys
that have been used more than X times (or add a counter for each meta key,
to ease the DB load) and dislpay those, on the assumption that you're most
likely to use them?

Otherwise the post-meta table would need to modified to include a
"default" (or "static" or "always") option, telling the post form to
include it.