[wp-hackers] keywords in main post attributes -- what do you think?

David Carrington david.carrington at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 15:59:42 UTC 2004

I also agree. I was very confused when I lost a field that I thought
that I had added. I assumed it would be static and it was completely
against what I thought it would do. Why would I want to add a field to
a single entry? I can't honestly see any reason to do that.

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:44:53 -0400, Owen Winkler
<ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> > It seems to me that it would be beneficial to be able to
> > define several "standard" custom fields that are always
> > visible on every post form (in the same way as the standard
> > fields are).  You could still add additional custom fields as
> > necessary, but it would make the commonly-used custom fields
> > a bit more user-friendly.  For example, if you were using
> > WordPress to power a simple news site, and you regularly used
> > a 'photographer' field, it'd be nice to have that show up as
> > a 'standard' field instead of having to enter it manually every time.
>
> I completely agree.
>
> Owen

David Carrington
http://www.brandedthoughts.co.uk