[wp-hackers] Extended?

Szilveszter Farkas info at psoftwares.hu
Wed Aug 4 14:45:43 UTC 2004

hi,

j1bc> It certainly is 'fair'.  The license explicitly allows
j1bc> it.  It may have been better etiquette for him to bring up his concerns with
j1bc> the developer community first, but it appears that he has quite different
j1bc> goals from the official wordpress project, so any modifications he made to
j1bc> Wordpress may not have made it into the official version anyway.

about bringing up this thing to the developer community first: we
wanted to announce this, after we had something to show you... but
matt was quicker, and discovered the project on sf.net, before we had
anything in our hands :)

j1bc> Note
j1bc> that i'm just going by the description on the sourceforge project page, i
j1bc> have no idea what the final goals of the 'extended' wordpress will be.  But
j1bc> since the goals of WordPress proper are remarkably well-defined, I imagine
j1bc> phanatic assumed (reasonably, I think) that the direction he wanted to take
j1bc> it wouldn't fit in with the existing WordPress goals.  In this case forking
j1bc> is not a unreasonable thing to do I think.

you're absolutely right...

regards,
phanatic

j1bc> Jonner