[bbDev] Custom permalinks patch

Sam Bauers sam at viveka.net.au
Fri Mar 9 05:02:54 GMT 2007

On 07/03/2007, at 6:25 PM, Michael D Adams wrote:

> We can definitely add slug columns to topics and forums.  They can
> be populated with data that looks like sanitize_with_dashes
> ( title ).  We'll need to avoid making duplicates, of course :)
>
> Let's not make them customizable (they can go through a filter,
> though).  And let's not change them if the topic title changes.  If
> needs arise, we can worry about that later.

OK then, a couple of questions...

So we check if a slug exists already before inserting it into the
table, or should we make topic/forum titles unique keys?
If we allow duplicate names for topic/forum can we simply append the
ID to the slug for the new duplicates?
Do we want to allow/handle UTF-8?

Sam