[bbDev] Custom permalinks patch

Sam Bauers sam at viveka.net.au
Tue Mar 6 22:47:19 GMT 2007

On 07/03/2007, at 6:07 AM, Michael D Adams wrote:

> I think, though, that we don't need a huge amount flexibility or
> customizability.  We could offer people just a few choices:
>
> Your permalinks should look like:
>
> http://example.com/topic.php?id=1
> http://example.com/topic/1
> http://example.com/topic/pretty-permalinks-are-nice

That's a lot easier, in fact we could probably keep the multiviews
support that way too. It's just a matter of how the slugs are
interpreted/configured. Would you be happy to include a slug column
in the tables? Should that slug be customisable like in WordPress?

By the way, I haven't had time to continue with this at the moment,
but it's burning away in the back of my head - and I don't want my
investigation so far to go to waste.

Sam