[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 2 18:54:37 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible
Archive" on upload
 Reporter:  Endymion00                           |       Owner:
                                                 |  peterwilsoncc
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by room34):

 Replying to [comment:96 askwpgirl]:

 > WordPress is not built solely for developers, nor are all WordPress
 sites built by developers. WordPress is ultimately for the users. We need
 to get our priorities straight.

 Core team is proving here that it’s possible to be very closed-minded when
 it comes to open source. We lowly real-world devs/users are just defiling
 the purity of their vision.

 I guess. I mean it sounds petty for me to put it like that, but it sure
 feels that way.

 I’ve been lucky that I’m enough of a devops nerd that using the command
 line to zip my plugin isn’t a problem and I’ve avoided too much end user
 support hassle or loss of revenue over this issue, but it is really
 putting into stark relief the chasm of perception of what WordPress is and
 should be, between the core team and the rest of us.

 I’ve given up any hope of a 6.4.4 release at this point, and I suspect any
 further discussion here is just going to make the rift worse. 6.5 is right
 around the corner. But days can feel like weeks in a situation like this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:97>