[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 2 16:54:46 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible
Archive" on upload
 Reporter:  Endymion00                           |       Owner:
                                                 |  peterwilsoncc
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by askwpgirl):

 This is a critical issue. This is basic stuff. Don't expect every person
 on the planet to know that they can't use their Mac OS for zipping files.
 Zipped files are ubiquitously used in the WordPress eco-system.

 I have already been unable to install several plugins due to this issue. I
 have had to re-archive them to install, but you're telling me Matt and his
 goal to make a democracy of publishing on the web would support screwing
 millions of end users from basic functionality because they aren't tech
 nerdy enough to use command line or whatev? Or even know that's a thing???
 Also heard from many people in support staff of plugins who provide zips
 regularly as part of support.

 Yeah, no. This needs fixed in a patch, not next major version. What a shit
 show. Sorry, tech bros, you are wrong to think the workarounds are
 practical for the vast majority of people in the world. That is some tech
 elitist bs.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:96>